|2021-05-29||Sarah Grau||Volunteer with Run Turkey Run|
|Run! Turkey Run! 2021 planning is starting and we want your help! The Yellowstone Rim Runners have been putting this race on for 10 years. Not only is this festive race a Thanksgiving Day tradition for many Billings families, but we have also raised $276,000 for local food charities. The race is organized by volunteers from our club. Do you want to be part of the team that makes this race possible? There are a number of ways you can participate:|
Join the RTR Race Planning CommitteeJoin us for the first race committee planning meeting: June 6 at 2 pm at Canyon Creek Brewing.
Any members who would like to assist in the race planning are welcome. We are looking for the following new committee members:
1. Volunteer Coordinator: Coordinate volunteer activities for the race. This position will involve making new contacts and reaching out to some previous race volunteer contacts.
2. Food Coordinator: Working with established vendors to confirm donations. Coordinating the food and coffee the day before the race such as picking up the rolls, getting jugs to the coffee vendors, etc.
Race VolunteersUnable to join the race committee, but interested in volunteering for a specific job to support the race? We need volunteers for the following jobs. Please email us at email@example.com or come to the committee planning meeting to let us know.
1. Announcer: Announcing the races (or to secure a commitment from someone who would make a good race announcer)
2. Manage Race Signs: Pick up 14 Runner on Road signs from DOT. At 7:30 am race day, place the signs along the course (about an hour). Then pick them up after the race at approximately 10 am. Return signs to DOT the following Monday or Tuesday.
3. Beer Keg Transporter: Someone with a pick-up that can help Vince pick up 7 to 10 kegs the day before the race from 4 to 6 pm, keep the kegs overnight and then deliver them to the race Thursday morning. (Return of empty kegs already handled)
4. Packet Pickup: 6 to 12 volunteers for packet pickup. Three hour long shifts available the Saturday and Sunday from 10 am - 4 pm the weekend before the race. Location: Board of Realtors community room (old Jade Palace)
5. Road Guards: 30 volunteers for road guards on race day. From about 8 am to 10 am.
6. Road Barrier Volunteers: 1 to 2 volunteers to assist Christina to set up road barriers on the morning of the race and remove afterward. Load and unload traffic candles from trailer.
7. Race Day Set-Up: 1 to 2 volunteers to help Brad and Vince set up with miscellaneous tasks like making finish chute, unload kegs, etc.
8. Race Day Food Monitors: 2 volunteers to set out the rolls at 9 am, keep the area clean, direct runners to water and coffee, etc. Approximately 9 to 10:30 am.